Let's talk about.. Fashion

by - 7:41:00 PM



I'm killing the game with blog posts this year, already two posts in a month, what's happening to me?

Today's topic as you can tell from the title is fashion. If you asked me to comment something about this topic seven years ago I would have said something down the lines "I have no idea go ask someone else..." or "you're asking the wrong person mate". And to be completely honest I'm not really informed about anything regarding this topic and probably shouldn't write this but I had a need to.

I've never been a super stylish person and I definitely didn't follow fashion trends, like ever. I don't follow any now either to be completely honest but I came to the realization that it's okay to do so. Somehow over past years, I've come to the conclusion that it's okay if I just do me and rock it. That I never have to follow someone else's footsteps and do something just because everyone else is doing. 


For example just because PVC items dominated summer of 2018 doesn't mean that I will ever wear them.. So never gonna happen. And since I realized that, I started getting so many compliments about my fashion "style" and the way I dress that it fascinated me.
Don't get me wrong, some people can use them as an addition to their style but they just weren't my thing.

The reason I never followed fashion trends is that they never made sense to me. Why would anyone want to be the same as every other person in the room? Literally, you walk in the room and every other girl is dressed almost the same. I get it, it looks good and hot but why not include something unique that will make you stand out from every other person around you. It's great to look up to someone and have someone as your role model and take fashion advice from a certain group of people but to copy everything someone is wearing is beyond stupid in my opinion. You are you, not a copy of someone. Don't ever let yourself become that.


As you can see, I'm wearing most basic items of clothing here, black shirt and black shoes with ripped jeans and the most lovely coat from Dresslily. That's pretty much the full concept of my style.
Do you guys agree? What's your opinion on this topic? Do you follow every fashion trend out there or you just include them in your style?



coat: dresslily
jeans: Stradivarius
bag: Harier

You May Also Like

0 comments